Thursday, September 30, 2010

Uh-amazed

Just this very week, I have been caught completely off guard four times. I've just minding my own business then SURPRISE! I'm a little discombobulated and disoriented but after the initial shock I'm pleasantly delighted (as if you could be unpleasantly delighted).

This week the world became just a little smaller. People remained a little crazier. The sun moon and planets were all aligned and the angels were a signing. I was able to have a mid-exam nap and still pass. The bubonic plague I seem to be carrying in my lungs is annoying at worse. I got a letter in the mail that warmed my heart. I received good news from an old friend. I actually heard from another friend. I got set free from a lot of garbage that I was toting around.

I feel like God just blessed me this week. I can't quite explain it. I'm that person who loves to be surprised but utterly hates to be surprised if I have any inkling that a surprise is stewing. I love just a random Wednesday afternoon, your phone rings and a conversation changes the course of your life even if it's just for that moment. I realize I'm being all hippie and abstract. I'm cool with it. Some things are better when they aren't explained. I'm learning that, slowly.

Anyway, today marks the 1st day of October! I must admit, I'm pretty excited. This year I will do the Haunted Ghost Tour, you know, barring I get over the plague. October means it's still football season! Yeah! I'm not all that stoked about it getting ridiculously cold but I'm ok with the cooler temps. And I start prepping for boards today. An hour a day until Spring Break.. then we'll up the ante. Keep me honest friends! Speaking of boards, it seems as if my life planned next June without little insight from me. More details on June as it develops. I must go now. The tuberculosis is coming back, it's remedied by rest.

No comments: