"You're getting a spouse, why do you need a gift too?" My thought of the the day. Kind of mean but you see my logic. I guess wedding registries never made much sense to me. I get the whole 'we need stuff to live part'. I understand, everyone likes nice things. But work with me here most people get married in their early to mid 20's, or at least most of my friends did, and they're broke. Most of their friends are in school for just getting out during that time. I've been in school for 1/2 of my 20s. That means I can't afford your $750 vacuum homie. That's what I'm saying. Don't be getting crazy with the registry. I know a lot of money goes into paying for a wedding so they total disregard the priceyness of the registry. Dude, I'm sending you a gift because I can't make it so how about that logic now? Huh? Whatcha gotta say now? Well, that's all I gotta say about wedding registries. Yes, I'll ignore this post when I get married and register Vera Wang china. No worries, pals, I'm waiting til my friends all get outta doctor school to get hitched. Momma didn't raise no fool.
Speaking of getting hitched, seems like everyone's doing it. Doing it meaning getting hitched (so many new engagements) and doing it as in well doing it. I have become a self proclaimed fertility goddess. If you happen to get preggo, don't blame me, I have no control over the baby making juju. It just happens. Everyone around me is having a baby! Babies, babies everywhere and I kinda love it!
Not related to babies or registries, I have a new dream folks. I want to move to Italy for a year to learn how to make proper spaghetti. Mind you, the culinary creations I make here in the western world are pretty good, I'm craving authenticity. Ok, I'm craving Europe and an excuse to give med school the dueces for a year. Perhaps I should get back to studying.. ok, if you say so. Oh yeah, major life fail.. I got a subscription to Netflix.. someone save me!
No comments:
Post a Comment