Anywho, I seriously still like med school. I like learning. I like doing well on exams. I like knowing stuff that other people can merely webmd (cheaper and makes more sense, just saying). I'm just burnt out of med school. These past 2 weeks have kinda been like a trial by fire with brief interuptions dueto snow storms. Thankfully I've mad it through but I'm coming out with mixed emotions; triumphant, thankful, and tired. Triumphant because I passed. Thankful that I've gotten some grace and that I'm still passing. and Tired because it's all just so emotionally, physically and intellectually draining.
So last week was the Backstreet Boys cruise that I didn't get to go on. I'm a mixed bag about it too. I think I handled being suck taking exams pretty well. After the friends got back I looked at their pictures and even found a few videos on youtube. It was almost like I was there. My deal wasn't necessarily about hanging out with the Backstreet Boys. This could be a coping mechanism but part of me thinks meeting them would totally ruin the fantasy. I would totally be thinking "you're only being nice bc I paid you to" and wondering "gosh, do they think I'm as crazy as psycho 'I heart bsb' tattoo chick beside me". So, I would have been happy with just a cruise. Just a break, something fun, something that people who didn't sell their souls to the med school god do.
That's my funk these days friends. I guess it's always my funk. I just feel like med school is that brazen moocher friend that doesn't care to mooch. You know, the friend that feels like he's entitled to just take all your stuff. Yeah, that's med school. Anyway, I'll leave you with the funniest video from the cruise and a photo of my lucky friends.
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5i8tjXULZs

Backrow: Brian (orange shirt), Momma Terri (Mary Beth's Mom, red shirt), Howie (tan shirt), Tiara (teal shirt), Aj (black vest) and Mary Beth (white dress), and the lovely Nick in the floor
1 comment:
I'd love to go have a nice glass of wine with you! Let's plan it!
Post a Comment